Translate This Page
Publications by the Moores
I am aware of just two publications, both privately printed and circulated, one written by George Moore following his visit to America and the other by his second wife. In addition, I recently became aware of the existence of and managed to acquire a book of lectures delivered at the London HQ of Copestake, Moore & Crampton in 1860-61
1. Voyage across the Atlantic by George Moore, Esq.
2. Whitehall in Cumberland by Mrs Agnes Jane Moore
3. Lectures 1860 - 61 Premises of Copestake Moore & Frampton
Busts of George Moore, Esq. & Mrs Agnes Jane Moore. These busts reside in the Community Centre in Fletchertown.
Photographs kindly supplied by Mick Jane
Publications about the Moores
A number of books and articles have been written about George Moore and he receives mention by many authors in a variety of works.
1. GEORGE MOORE MERCHANT AND PHILANTHROPIST by Samuel Smiles pub. George Routledge 1878
2. SIR TITUS SALT & GEORGE MOORE by James Burnley published Cassell 1885
3. CHRISTIAN WORKERS OF THE NINETEENTH CENTURY by G Barnett Smith pub. London Society for promoting Christian knowledge
4. GREAT THINKERS & WORKERS selected and edited by Robert Cochrane pub. W & R Chambers Ltd.
5. GEORGE MOORE PHILANTHROPIST & MAN OF BUSINESS published by The Religious Tract Society.
6. THE HISTORY OF WIGTON by T. W. Carrick pub. Charles Thurnam & Sons, Carlisle
7. THE VERGE OF WESTERN LAKELAND by W. T. Palmer pub. Robert Hale Ltd.
8. BENEATH THE BANNER by F. J. Cross
9. A CASKET OF CAMEOS by F. W. Boreham Epworth Press London first published 1924.
10. DAILY READINGS from F. W. Boreham Selected and arranged by Frank Cumbers Hodder & Stoughton
12. ST. PANCRAS by Frederick Miller
Bible donated by George Moore